Usb front panel problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
my casing has only 7 pins wired to it, while the connection to my mobo has a wired connection of 8 pins. my mobo is MSI K7N2 delta lsr. i read some post in threads that says remove any wired connnection to pin 7-10. that means leaving my usb front panel without a ground. can anyone say its plausible or anyone has other ideas.. i've been thinking it might be a board prob..

i don't know about the threads to which you are referring, but I think you are confusing your USB headers with your case jumpers.

The case jumpers will have at least 9 pins and will consist of:
1. power switch
2. reset switch
3. power LED
4. HDD LED
5. speaker

your USB header(s) will have exactly 9 pins, you will only use 4 pins or 8 pins (depending on the number of USB ports are on the front panel of your case), the 9th pin is inactive and is there as a reference point only. You need to use all 4 pins of each USB port header

err.. thnx for your reply. sorry, i wrote my question wrong. what i mean about my mobo having 8 pins is for the usb extension. in my mobo it has 9 pins but only 8 is being wired to my front panel. the reason for having 8 wired connections because pin 10 is USBOC. my case didnt supply me with 9 wires only 8 for the mobo. my question is, in my casing in the board of my front panel it has only 7 wires. vcc, usb1-, usb1+, gnd = vcc, usb2-, usb2+, gnd. in my casing i'm mising one connection to ground.. my concern is if i remove the other ground what will happen to my mobo.. do you get what im trying to explain? sorry, im poor in english..

It probably uses the only groud wire for both USB ports. Just connect as many wires as you can. A missing ground wire will not break anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back