USB help

By shawnogbomo
Dec 17, 2009
  1. hey yesterday i bought a relay 4gb usb from staples everytime i open it it says this disc or device contains more than one type of content then it would let me choose what i want to do from the menu but today i downloaded avast antivirus home edition and i scanned my computer then it said virus detected autorun.exe and i deleted it and i didnt know what it was for so then i opend my usb again and it says failed to load autorun.exe so i tried to fix it but i made it even worse i moved random autorun.exe files into my usb and overited the one that came with the usb the menu wont even come up when i open the usb its spose to show the removable disk menu can someone help me restore my usb back to normal please thank you
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

Try System Restore.
  3. shawnogbomo

shawnogbomo TS Rookie Topic Starter

4. LookinAround

LookinAround Ex Tech Spotter Posts: 6,491   +183

The antivirus probably disable autorun/autoplay. It's a handy feature (but also a common method to accidentally spread a virus which infects the autorun files on a USB drive)

But if you want to restore it,
    > Delete the current autorun.inf and autorun.exe files on the USB drive
    > Run the Autoplay Repair Wizard
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.