USB Key Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

iCE

I'm in need of a small USB key drive, 128 MB will do, preferably USB2 spec. I haven't really seen any decent round-ups to see which are the best. I don't think there is much of a difference other than the price. I don't want any extra features on it. Any recommendations?

There isn't much difference between them and the features are pretty much the same - you have the option of a password protected partition.

You should look at the true data transfer speed (the speed of actually reading/writing data to flash, not the interface speed) and the casing design (ruggedness, narrow end makes it easier to plug into some poorly designed USB ports)

Can't remember the name of the manufacturer, but there is one drive that has a write protection tap which is quite smart...

If you're ever infected by a virus, just use the pendrive on another system, load it up with the antivirii programs you need, write protect it and connect it to your own computer... You'll be rid of the virus, and won't have to worry about wether the drive got infected or not...

So I'd look out for a drive with this feature..

.02$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back