USB Keyboard isn't working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...I went to boot up my computer today. Everything was going fine, 'til I went to use my keyboard. It wouldn't work. So I restarted. I noticed that the number lock LED came on. After the computer loaded up, however, the light went off. I tested both of my USB ports (used my mouse to do that) and they worked just fine. The keyboard was working just fine last night.

I wanna get this fixed because using an on-screen keyboard is rather annoying.

Yay, nevermind, I don't need any help. I got it to work. :]

yes onscreen keyboards are annoying, personally if it was me i would just buy a new one, but if you dont want to do that then i would first uninstal the driver for the keyboard by un plugging the keyboard and the go to the control pannel (in classic view), then go to keyboard icon, clcik the hardware tab, then clcik properties and then clcik the driver tab and then uninstal, then restart the computer and when it turns on, plug the keyboard back into the computer and it will take a few seconds to reinstall the driver, then it should work again
Hope this works for you

hmm that's weird...
however if your keyboard is say... erm2 years old or more... might think of replacing.. mine suddenly cant press up and left 95% from 6 months ago. so i bought a new keyboard, since its 2 years old... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back