USB malfunctioned

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i always plug my ipod usb cord in the front & it always uploads my songs and everything & its been about a week now and every time i put in the USB cord it says unknown device USB malfunctioned computer cannot recongnize and I tried what the computer told me to do and it still didn't work this never happened before i had my ipod for over a year & i always plugged it in that spot so what's wrong?? how can i fix it?? i tried plugging it in the back and it still won't take it idk why but it takes other cords just not my ipod one??

Other USB devices work in the same port? If so try a new cable on your iPod. Or try the same cable in different USB port on the computer. Or try it on a totally different computer.

EDIT:Well after re-reading your post, perhaps you should reinstall the software for the iPod.

yea other cords work just not my ipod one & i tried the ports in the back and they wont take it either so i might have to try to go buy a new cord and hopefully that works itunes and everything that im trying to load on my ipod is fine 2

Sure sounds like your USB cable is the problem. My daughter has an iPod and it is tricky, some times, to be connecting to the PC and not stretch or bend the USB cable. We have found that using a Male/Female A to A USB Extension cord plugged into the PC and then plugging the iPod cable into the female socket on the extension cord gives you more flexibility as to where you place the iPod and the cable and might help prevent damage to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back