USB Mouse Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have been having problems with my mouse for the past week. to use my mouse i would have to unplug the mouse and plug it back in so the computer could reconize it was connected. i tried re-installing the driver and it still did not work. i was also told that restoring my computer would fix the problem but now the mouse will not work at all. i have used many different mice and tried every usb port on my computer. can anyone help me with this?

p.s. since i have restored the computer i have to go through the set up without a mouse.

Hi there,

By re-installing the driver, do you mean you uninstalled the original, first from device manager and rebooted for windows to find and install fresh?

If not go the route above and let windows detect new hardware and install driver.

Hi from SA;)

Essex said:
Hi there,

By re-installing the driver, do you mean you uninstalled the original, first from device manager and rebooted for windows to find and install fresh?

If not go the route above and let windows detect new hardware and install driver.

Hi from SA;)

yes, i did it all and still nothing.

Have you checked whether USB is enabled in BIOS (all enabled) and whether USB mouse is enabled (if applicable) ?
;)

PS does the mouse appear in device manager and labeled under properties as "device working properly"

Essex said:
Have you checked whether USB is enabled in BIOS (all enabled) and whether USB mouse is enabled (if applicable) ?
;)

I did and all were enabled, but i can not access anything on my computer now. I'm currently stuck in the set up mode for windows

Looks like you may have picked up some malware. Think back and remember when the mouse problem first started. Did it occur after any USB flashstick/internet access/program download?

First signs would have been erratic/weird mouse pointer movements.

Do you run AV software and spyware?
;)

Essex said:
Looks like you may have picked up some malware. Think back and remember when the mouse problem first started. Did it occur after any USB flashstick/internet access/program download?

First signs would have been erratic/weird mouse pointer movements.

Do you run AV software and spyware?
;)

All I can think of downloading would be some torrents. It may have contained some malware. But the problem didn't start until a week after they were downloaded.

Torrents are well noted for malware.

See if you can get a boot scan going before windows loads. Could be hiding in non accessible areas when windows is loaded. A boot scan should show up malware hiding in synchost and other process files if you have been infected.

As your mouse has been affected, it seems reasonable that it could be hiding in that region (not accessible for scanning once booted up).

I use Avast (freeware) and it has always found malware/virus's that others fail to find and correct.
Save any found to quarantine/chest if repair/clean doesn't work.

Good luck gotta get some zzz's 2.30 am here in SA ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back