USB not showing up on My Computer and Disk Management

I flashed my usb as bootable to install windows 10 on a laptop using Rufus. After I finished I removed the usb from the laptop to use it on my desktop but since then it doesn't show up anymore anywhere. 5 minutes after I put it on, my desktop makes the sound like a flashdrive is plugged in but still nothing is shown. Drivers in device manager seem to be ok and they show after the sound is made, also I used USBDeview and it is shown there (only after 5 min when plugged in and the sound is heard) but when I try to open it from the program it says "Pleas inster a disk into (L:). Also you can see the pictures shown below. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    138.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    84.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    46 KB · Views: 1
  • Capture6.PNG
    Capture6.PNG
    53.3 KB · Views: 1
The USB device may have gotten damaged by not being "unmounted" before it was removed from the laptop. Many people including me, just pull them out, without un-mounting them, tempting the fate of damaging or destroying the USB device

The USB device may have gotten damaged by not being "unmounted" before it was removed from the laptop. Many people including me, just pull them out, without un-mounting them, tempting the fate of damaging or destroying the USB device
Does this mean that there is no solution and the USB is permanently damaged?

Because I got the same problem, as I forgot to 'unmount' the usb and immediately shut down the computer...

Is there any way to recover the data within it?

NO, it doesn't. It's possible, even probable, you can still use the drive. The files or O.S. you had on it MAY be corrupted and have to be "wiped". Plug drive in again and see if it shows up. If not, go to 'device mgr.(MSWIN) and check if it shows up there.(maybe as "usb device") If so, format it and it will work once again.

Back