TechSpot

USB not working

By Gentian
Dec 25, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hello all, how are you doing...
    I got this problem with the USB. Now anytime I plug-in my USB the windows detects it and it is shown in My Computer but when I access it there is no file in there and in the properties menu it says 0kb used and free.....I tried in different ports but it didn't seem to work. When I plugged it in the laptop it worked perfeclty. A few days ago when I plugged it in it showed the files in it but I couldn't copy anything in it, in the command prompt I typed chkdsk /f f: and it wroked, but then again yesterday it stopped working. If someone can help me I would really appreciate it...Thank You ;) And BTW it is windows XP...

2. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,388   +240

3. Gentian

Gentian TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have files in it but it says 0 kb free and 0 kb used......I tried formatting it but it couldn't formatt the USB......

4. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,484   +233

Gentian, FYI, when responding to the last post, there is no need to quote it. When you are responding to part of a long post, you can quote just that part.

5. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,388   +240

Try plugging it back into the laptop & if it still works fine, go from there. Others may have more help & don't forget, its a holiday so things might be a bit slow in here. Merry CHRISTmas. :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.