TechSpot

Usb Pen Drive Not Working

By funonnet
Oct 3, 2006
  1. i got a TOSHIBA 2GB USB 2.0 PEN DRIVE as a gift. it only works partially (i.e) i am able to use for transferring data and songs but i am not able use it for transferring videos or .exe file when i use it for .exe files it gets copied into the pen drive but if i try to copy from my pen drive some times it says memory read/write operation has been performed only partially and other times it does not say anything the window does not responds

plz let me know a solution

thanks in advance

2. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

I don't understand how this issue would only affect .exe or video files. I would suggest copying plenty of large files that are not videos and exe files to see if you can reproduce the error.

If it IS caused by a file extension, it is probably a software error. Your virus scanner, a virus itself, encryption or proprietary Toshiba software and/or disk utilities may be to blame.

3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

I just got a 2GB Toshiba from Sam's yesterday. And have already used it to transfer quite a bit of information. I have had no problems with any types of transfers.

BTW
    :wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

4. funonnet

funonnet TS Rookie Topic Starter

when i try to access a file from pen [​IMG]
    it displays like shown in above image

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.