USB Port Problem on HP Compaq dx2300 Microtower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultiweap

Hello all,

I have a HP Compaq dx2300 Microtower and have four USB Port on the back of the PC and with this port one is not working at all or sometimes working then disconnect. My two front port work well.

Where could be the problem?

All Drivers are well install and I have the latest one Windows 7 updated all. (It did the same problem on Windows XP and Vista)

Thanks in advance

Other than blowing out any dust, it just sounds like a faulty USB port (hardware wise)
They do fail, and tend to be the first thing that fails before the Motherboard fails

It's most likely hardware failure as kimsland suggests...

There's an outside chance though at reinstalling the m/b chipset drivers..See [post=751005]How to Reinstall Your USB Controllers and Motherboard Chipset Drivers[/post]

Ok thanks i will follow the guide in about one hour but I also notice that when I put my mouse and keyboard in the proper section on my pc Pink and Green one windows don't recognise them I would like to know if I need to change something for it to work or where is the problem?

Also this faulty USB port may affect my motherboard?

Thanks in advance.

This faulty USB port is your motherboard
Unless you have an addon PCI card that has USB ports on it, and you are talking about that, the back USB ports are the Motherboard ports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back