TechSpot

USB port seems to be turning off

By Ace630
Nov 17, 2007
  1. I have a linksys wireless network adaptor plugged into one of my usb ports
    Now this happens whatever usb port is plugged into
    Im am on the computer for a while then suddenly the adaptor turns off
    I have looked already to see if the can windows turn this off thing is checked and its not on any usb port
    This is a new problem though and I was wondering can that be affected by using new driver software?
    Because I have only recently downloaded the new vista driver for it and its just started having that problem

2. Computer~freak~

Computer~freak~ TS Rookie Posts: 206

i dont think soo but it could be that the usb wireless adaptor lost connection to the router that has happend to me with my d link usb wireless adaptor all the lights on it would shut off and it would disconnect. Then i thought that there was somthing fualty with my usb port but it turned out to be the signal. what is your coonnection strength when you are using the adaptor ?

3. Ace630

Ace630 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 71

It's excellent
    And the adaptor hasnt been moved
    Like I said i think its the new drivers i have installed
    I will go back tp the old drivers when i get a chance and see then

4. Computer~freak~

Computer~freak~ TS Rookie Posts: 206

ok try that out

5. Ace630

Well I tried it and its still turning itself off
    I have made sure the adaptor doesnt move
    The thing is when it turns off I can plug it into another usb port and it will work again but after a while it will turn itself off again

6. Ace630

After it turns off i restart the computer and a blue screen will come up with the message usb_device_bug

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.