1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
By Davidtime
Jul 15, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I just bought a new acer aspire 5517 and it only came with 2 USB. One of the usb ports where broke when i got it so i contacted acer and the would not do anything about it. and my front Usb lookes fine but does not work. i tried
    - Power Reset
    - Device manager
    - and i do not want to pay money for it

Someone Please help

2. LookinAround

LookinAround Ex Tech Spotter Posts: 6,491   +183

3. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,379   +16

Where did you buy it from? If Acer isn't helping you and you just bought it take it back to the retailer for a new one or a refund. Most stores have a 30-60 day policy if I'm not mistaken and you can always show them the problem.

4. LookinAround

LookinAround Ex Tech Spotter Posts: 6,491   +183

Oh. Yes! Missed that......

If your Acer is still under warranty/can be returned, I also agree with Relic

5. Davidtime

Davidtime TS Rookie Topic Starter

6. Davidtime

I bought it from acer and They wont Exept refunds

7. Davidtime

8. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,979   +362

You don't have to ask for a refund. Ask for a repair or replacement under the warranty.

9. Davidtime

That is what i have asked the wont let me

************Vote ABOVE Please**********************

10. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,379   +16

I don't believe Acer sells laptops just like that, its either through a retailer or an authorized reseller. Either one has to take it back for refund or replacement and Acer should honor the warranty. Did you perhaps buy a refurbished unit as-is with no warranty? Double check to make sure, as it's really strange that a major manufacturer like Acer is simply dismissing all your claims and being unhelpful.

If you did however buy a new defective laptop and they are refusing a refund/repair/replacement you seem to have more of a consumerist issue. They might be able to give you better advice/options from a consumer point of view. And speaking of consumer protection you could as a last resort threaten a chargeback if you used a credit card to see if they will respond to that. Of course this is all assuming you live and purchased the laptop in the US.