Are Acer Good Computers

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Davidtime

I just bought a new acer aspire 5517 and it only came with 2 USB. One of the usb ports where broke when i got it so i contacted acer and the would not do anything about it. and my front Usb lookes fine but does not work. i tried
- Power Reset
- Device manager
- and i do not want to pay money for it

Someone Please help

See [post=751005]How to Reinstall Your USB Controllers and Motherboard Chipset Drivers[/post].

Don't know if will help or not (depends on exact cause of your problem) but is worth a shot

Where did you buy it from? If Acer isn't helping you and you just bought it take it back to the retailer for a new one or a refund. Most stores have a 30-60 day policy if I'm not mistaken and you can always show them the problem.

Where did you buy it from? If Acer isn't helping you and you just bought it take it back to the retailer for a new one or a refund. Most stores have a 30-60 day policy if I'm not mistaken and you can always show them the problem.

Oh. Yes! Missed that......

If your Acer is still under warranty/can be returned, I also agree with Relic

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

I don't believe Acer sells laptops just like that, its either through a retailer or an authorized reseller. Either one has to take it back for refund or replacement and Acer should honor the warranty. Did you perhaps buy a refurbished unit as-is with no warranty? Double check to make sure, as it's really strange that a major manufacturer like Acer is simply dismissing all your claims and being unhelpful.

If you did however buy a new defective laptop and they are refusing a refund/repair/replacement you seem to have more of a consumerist issue. They might be able to give you better advice/options from a consumer point of view. And speaking of consumer protection you could as a last resort threaten a chargeback if you used a credit card to see if they will respond to that. Of course this is all assuming you live and purchased the laptop in the US.

Back