USB ports not function properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gars

the mobo is Gigabyte GA-K8V800M rev.1, latest bios and drivers
running WinXP Pro SP2, latest updates and patches

the problem:
its begin after reinstalling windows due to missing sata driver, before that the problem isn't persist

5 different brands USB Flash drives are not recognized (on the neighbor machine everything is fine)

they appear in disk management console without letter
after adding letter, right lick over partition - open(or explore), error message getting up and says 'cannot find folder named "G:\""

after clicking OK on the message, the folder is showing up with all the data inside, again without letter.

Logitech USB bluetooth mouse works perfect on the all six ports.

i suspect some drivers conflict, but in device manager everything is just fine.

Any advices are very welcome

regards

The quickest fix may be to install a new USB PCI card with four or six ports... or the ones with dual USB and Firewire.
Are the drives not detected? or are they just not able to transmit data?

ty for replaying

do no, before installing the latest drivers its says 'high speed device on low speed port.. etc" and not working, after installing the latest drvs from gb the situation become as i describe it above

ty for your attention
___
im on to buy new mobo - cheap 1, no nerves destroyed after

sorry if im offending some1 with the next

VIA? hello - never buy it. just like the other junky brand - SiS

a simple utility that check status will be enough - but "no,
we are refocusing on the market, we dont care"

pissd off

The board is designed as a USB 2.0 board.
Perhaps the BIOS needs to be tweaked for USB 2.0 to work. Have you ever had USB 2.0 working with any such devices?
Since the problem presented AFTER doing the reinstall of Windows, you have to look at that time is the likely failure. When you updated the drivers, did you update the BIOS or the Chipset at the same time.
Most likely something you did, or the Windows install did, is the cause of your problems. I would reinstall the chipset drivers and the BIOS... and look for any possibility that the USB setup in the BIOS has an option for 1.1 vs 2.0... with the rong won selected.

ill check this tomorrow (maybe)

hey RayBay - ty for enlighting !!

let me check your suggestions
*sry for delay

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back