USB problem- Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off- the problem I am having is that my usb ports aren't recognizing hardware that is plugged into them. I have turned them on in my bios, installed sp2, installed all of the current drivers... yet it still will not recognize a usb flash drive or even my ipod. I have tried multiple ports and they all do the same thing.... nothing. So I unplugged my wireless keyboard from it's usb adapter and plugged that into a usb port and WHAM! it recognizes it. Can anyone help out? Thanks

You could try this. Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager...locate the USB devices at the bottom of the page and rite clik them and select remove. You will get a warning that you are about to remove Hardware...select yes.
Then power down and re-boot .
XP will re-install the USB device drivers.

patio. :cool:

The only time I've seen a similar problem was on an old Pentium 2 computer, with a mobo that was kinda in the transition between AT and ATX. I solved that one by re-arranging hardware in the PCI slots, and re configuring the IRQ settings of it's BIOS (PnP compatible or legacy ISA). I assume the problem was a resource conflict.

Given the specs in your profile, this in all likelyhood is not the same problem, but I thought it worth a mention - just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back