USB problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres the problem, i cant access any usb storage devices (i've tried several) although they all show up in the device manager as working properly. I can even
manually 'stop' the flash drives, but they do not show up at all in 'my computer' and i cant browse to them. All of the devices are completely accessible on other
computers, so it got to be the usb, although they are all reportedly 'working properly' as well. Any suggestions?

Yeah I had the same problem and the last thing that I did was just restore my OS. I couldn't figure out how to fix this problem.

the only thing i havent tried is removing the drivers for the root hubs and reinstalling them, as for reloading windows, i'm trying to hold out until i get a new mobo, which should be pretty soon, going to do some upgrading

im going to upgrade my motherboard, i havent decided what yet, i've just been looking around newegg.com and tigerdirect.com, i also want a newer geforce video card, mine is a 6600, probably another gig of ram, and im considering a new case, i need a new heat sink for my cpu because mine is noisy as hell, i might get a new cpu also, mine is a athalon 64 3200+, its good but i want a little more performance, i do a lot of gaming, i also need a new monitor and cant decide to get a crt or lcd, theres not going to be a whole lot of space in my dorm room, any suggestions on parts or where to get them?

What version of Windows are you running? If it's XP, do you have Service Pack 2 installed. Service pack 2 fixed a lot of USB problems.

yes i have sp2, this just happened recently, ive had sp2 for a while, i found a solution where you right click on my computer and go to manage, then disk management, youre supposed to rename the drive, i can see my device here, i set the device to drive-(random unused letter) but it still says the folder does not exist, if i am doing something wrong, can someone give me a step-by-step, or if anyone has any other fixes or suggestions...

Lost data

I plugged my USB memory stick into a laptop computer and stored some files. I moved the USB to another laptop computer and a message appeared asking if I wanted to format the USB memory stick. Did I lose my data? How can I retrieve it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back