USB restarts PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pc restart everytime I plug my usb flash drive into my pc.
My events viewer shows the following:
Source: System Error
Category: 102
Type: Error
Event ID 1003
Description:
Error code 1000007e, parameter1 c000001d, parameter2 f7c798ea, parameter3 f7c797f4, parameter4 f7c794f0.

And I have had this with both of my pc's. On the one pc I can reinstall everything easily buton the other I can not.

What can I do? It is driving me insane and I can not do anything with my flash drives.

Please help.

Your flash drive is likely defective... if you carry it in pocket or pocketbook, or drop it, the little insertion tip can be cracked loose from its solder connection.
This is typically common with SanDisk, Kingston Data Traveler, and AOpen flash drives.
Your only hope is to try a new flash drive because the ones you use are probably toast.
Alternately, see if a friend will allow you to test your flash drive in their computer... and test their flash drive in your computer. You could have a broken connection in the USB socket which will require an expensive solder or replacement.

The flash drive works fine in another pc everything still perfect on it. I've reinstalled windows on the one pc and now it works fine doesnt restart but its the problem that i wana find out wots causing it on the other pc as I cant uninstall windows on that pc thats doing the same thing cos there too many prgrams on it. And I cant figure wot to delete or update or check to figure wot it is.

Hard drives are cheap. Install a new hard drive from scratch, then add the old one for a dual boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back