USB Wall an Car Chargers

By JesseM
Jan 12, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does anyone know for sure if the USB wall and car chargers are able to charge all kinds of USB-powered devices? More specifically, I got this $10 Belkin USB car/wall charger that said it was for charging iPod Shuffles, but I want to use it with my Zune. I don't wanna try it out before I know if it will or will not screw somthing up. My guess is the chargers are universal but I don't know for sure.
  2. halo71

halo71 Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,289

I am almost positive that charger will not work with the Zune. Does the end that will connect to the Zune even fit?
  3. JesseM

JesseM TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 258

Yeah, it's USB. Every USB cable and device physically fits in the charger.
  4. halo71

Your saying it WILL fit the Zune?? If so what is the part or model number of this cable? I need one for my Zune!
  5. JesseM

6. JesseM

I can't find anywhere what the power specs for a Zune charger and an iPod charger are. My Belkin charger says its output power is 5V and 500mA.
  7. JesseM

8. halo71

I dont know so much about that one. I think later on I am just gonna buy the pack for the Zune that has the charging base, car adapter etc. I think its around $89.00 US.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.