Use DipJar to leave a small tip with your debit or credit card

By Shawn Knight
Aug 31, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. A new service called DipJar allows customers to tip baristas at coffee shops using their credit or debit cards. The hardware is currently being tested in a select number of New York City coffee shops and if successful, could expand...

Read more
  2. DipJar? Sounds like a spittoon.
  3. They are worth every bit of the 80 cents they will get.
    p51d007 likes this.
  4. Pointless, most people who give tips give the change they get back from a purchase, meaning anything thats a coin, not bills. and they do it simply b/c they dont want to carry around annoying change in their pockets.
    p51d007 likes this.
  5. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TS Enthusiast Posts: 744   +12

Yes, because I'm going to thrust some random card reading instrument to leave a pittance to some poor shmuck that served my coffee.

Tipping in general needs to go and the employee paid properly.
    EEatGDL likes this.
  6. EEatGDL

EEatGDL TS Maniac Posts: 475   +153

Sad, but true. The idea of tipping a waiter has more sense because he's taking care of you trying to do his best; but for a guy who's just dispatching a product no matter the way he does it... not that good, and less if it's fixed.
  7. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TS Guru Posts: 509   +35

As if coffee isn't already insanely expensive for crappy quality, now they're finding easier ways for you to tip the guy making your crappy coffee.
    p51d007 likes this.
  8. WaveZero

WaveZero TS Enthusiast Posts: 41

Sounds like the owners will be able to screw over there employees even more now. Welcome to minimum wage v2! hahahaha =/
  9. lchu12

lchu12 TS Booster Posts: 195   +9

Tim Hortons FTW!
  10. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Evangelist Posts: 810   +93

Put that 'dip jar' in the southern US and there will be people spitting tobacco into it.
  11. Zoltan Head

Zoltan Head TS Booster Posts: 247   +27

I wonder if anyone has a device enabling them to not tip anyone? ;)