Use ghost to boot from non-bootable CD with Ghost image on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,
I am currently using a boot disk that maps to a network server with Ghost images on it, but in this case I have a very old image that is needed for testing and want to access this image using Net Use to access the cd-rom drive but cannot find the right syntax. When I attempt to get to the cd-rom is tells me the drive is not there. The exact message is:

Invalid Drive specification

The disk that contains the image is not bootable, so I cannot boot off of it. I can get into Ghost, but the cd-rom is not an available selection.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and thanks.

rawcious said:
Greetings,
I am currently using a boot disk that maps to a network server with Ghost images on it, but in this case I have a very old image that is needed for testing and want to access this image using Net Use to access the cd-rom drive but cannot find the right syntax. When I attempt to get to the cd-rom is tells me the drive is not there. The exact message is:

Invalid Drive specification

The disk that contains the image is not bootable, so I cannot boot off of it. I can get into Ghost, but the cd-rom is not an available selection.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and thanks.

To access a share on a network using net use

Net use z: (space)\\machinename\share name

So go to the server and set the CD rom as shared, call it "ghost" verify the share is set by clicking start/run and typing \\machinnename\ghost, Enter

This should show the cd contents.

Now boot with the Floppy and type at the prompt

net use z: (space)\\machinnename\ghost

When I put (space) I mean put a space, if you dont the command will be invalid.

Or you could just copy the contents of the CDRom to a share that you can reach via the bootdisk
I hope this answers the question and I havent misunderstood

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back