TechSpot

User acounts

By ramjam
Jan 13, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. when opening the control panel's user accounts, my pc says: Windows cannot find 'C:WINDOWSsystem32 undll32.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search. OK.

It started doing that when its XP SP2 was reformatted to SP3 and please help me with accessing my E:, i can't open it since my rights and ownership with that drive was erased when the C: was formatted. Tell me ways to open it.Thanks a lot.

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Likely an infestation... in which Rundll32.exe is Undll32.exe and has been overwritten by a Trojan.

First thing you do is do a search on this forum for the 8 Steps of removal and follow them all exactly.

If Rundll32.exe has been overwritten by the Trojan, replace the file from a clean backup or reinstall... then run the 8 step program.

...Rundll32 %system%Rundll32.exe from the registry key...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.