User name and password

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry Daniel

It's actually a clients in work.

He was connecting to the domain to access the server. He then didn't want to log on and deleted some account (he can't remember) and then added to the workgroup (again he can't remember with what name)

He then rebooted and gets the log on box, to which he's never seen before, i said i would take a look, but it's got me beat.

Tried it in safe mode and it still asks for the log on.

there as been no admin rights

he said he was the only user and when he switched it on, it just came on and went to his desktop.

It's a Dell laptop, with a genuine sticker on the back, do you think they would know anything.

Type his login name in and hit ENTER.
If what you say is true and he usally went straight through to the desktop, this should be all there is to it.

regardless of wether or not he joined it to a workgroup, if you have an option below the password field, logon locally to the PC.

If all else fails, I can suggest a product or two to help you out ... but not on here!

Let us know how you go (im hanging around to get an answer on something myself!).

I have tried

using just his name and no password and that doesn't work.

It does not give you an option to log on to the local computer or a domain.

When you click the options button below the password to expand it.

It only gives you the option to shut down, (re start etc . . )Cancel but no drop down box to choose the comp or a domain.

There are programs out there that help you in this situation but I am not going to say it here. Send me a PM if you want it, I use one but its expensive to buy, but its free for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back