PC connected to UPS always re-starting whenever there is a power failure

• PC with UPS always re-starting whenever power failure occure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Problem on PC always restarting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having problem on my PC that always re-starting whenever their is a power failure. My PC is connected to UPS thinking that it may not distrupt me whenever there is a power failure, but never serve the purpose of the UPS. I change the PSU thinking that may be the problem, but I already used two PSU with no change on the behaviour of my PC. The mobo is GA-8IPE1000-L (Rev 2.x) Intel 865PE chipset, processor = Intel 2.8Ghz 800FSB, video= ATI radeon 9200, HDD = Seagate Baracuda (80GB-IDE), memory Hynix PC3200 (512MB). Please help me to find out what's the problem of my PC, I'm suspecting that may be the mobo. By the way I also try three UPS (APC); APK and one with unkown brand (Binatone) but never solve the problem of re-starting. Any help are highly appreciated. Thanks

the UPC probably doesn't react fast enough, so the computer's psu runs out of charge and the voltage goes so low that the machine resets.

What is the maximum wattage load the UPS can support and what does your rig draw? You're UPS probably isn't up to the task. I encountered a similar problem when I went SLI. Never considered that my reliable old UPS couldn't suuport the load but that was the cae. Read the lables, added up my power needs and sure enough, i was beyond the max the UPS could support. Went and got a bigger one as I consider UPS an essential item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back