TechSpot

Using a crossover cable?

By British_Command
Nov 13, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Right i have 2 computers, one of themw hich connects to the router and the other has a wireless netwrok adapter, i was just wondering is it posssible to connect the xbox 360 to the back of the computer (the one with a wireless network card im talking about) and play online?

Or do i have to connect directly to the router? Just wondering because my wireless gaming adapter is having many problems and on one of my games it keeps booting people from games and i can only connect to very few people otherwise im booted.

Very much appreciated if anyone can help with any of the 2 problems.

Thanks.
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

Yes you can, but I really doubt this is going to improve anything. You would just add a nother dodgy link (Windows) between your xbox and the internet.

You should just connect the xbox to the router with a cable for a reliable connection.
  3. British_Command

British_Command TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 224

Thanks

Thanks Nodsu, i will try that out! Just emans having top buy a 20 ft crossover cable and run it through my house but its worth a shot and im willing to try anything!
  4. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

You use a straight-through cable between networking devices (router) and end nodes (computers/xbox). A crossover will probably work too since home routers are smart that way.
  5. British_Command

British_Command TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 224

Thanks

Thanks again i will try it!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.