Using a crossover cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

British_Command

Right i have 2 computers, one of themw hich connects to the router and the other has a wireless netwrok adapter, i was just wondering is it posssible to connect the xbox 360 to the back of the computer (the one with a wireless network card im talking about) and play online?

Or do i have to connect directly to the router? Just wondering because my wireless gaming adapter is having many problems and on one of my games it keeps booting people from games and i can only connect to very few people otherwise im booted.

Very much appreciated if anyone can help with any of the 2 problems.

Thanks.

Yes you can, but I really doubt this is going to improve anything. You would just add a nother dodgy link (Windows) between your xbox and the internet.

You should just connect the xbox to the router with a cable for a reliable connection.

Thanks

Thanks Nodsu, i will try that out! Just emans having top buy a 20 ft crossover cable and run it through my house but its worth a shot and im willing to try anything!

You use a straight-through cable between networking devices (router) and end nodes (computers/xbox). A crossover will probably work too since home routers are smart that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back