Using bluetooth to stream audio to a receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigredmachine

My laptop has built in bluetooth and i was wondering if there is a type of bluetooth receiver that can hook up to the rca inputs on my receiver and my computer would transmit audio to it. I didnt find anything promising on ebay so i thought i might be looking in the wrong place. Any suggestions?

I'm not an expert on the topic but (i think) know enough to at least point you in the right direction.

Bluetooth is essentially a cable replacement technology for two devices you're connecting. (btw.. Bluetooth was named after a Viking warrior named Bluetooth!)

Bluetooth Radios
That's what a bluetooth antennae device is called. The Bluetooth specification has been evolving and i believe are backward compatible. So is worth knowing the spec level implemented each of the bluetooths radio in each device (as you'll be limited in features and how well the connection functions by the lower of the spec levels)
=> if one bluetooth radio implements v2.0 and the other is v2.1 you can only expect whatever v2.0 will deliver
Bluetooth Devices
Your computer and RCA receiver are each a bluetooth device and each requires its own bluetooth radio.​

Bluetooth Profiles
We think of a cable between two devices as just that, a cable. Bluetooth thinks of it terms of how its being used (e.g. for a headset connection or connect to a Local Area Network, or connect sound distribution). These are all defined by Bluetooth Profiles (click here to get an idea of and how many Bluetooth profiles there are!)​

I believe for your purpose you want to make sure that each of the two devices implements Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP). (But double check on that detail before you buy anything!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back