TechSpot

Using MBM5 to check HDD temp

By Supra
Feb 8, 2003
  1. Has anyone been successful in getting Motherboard Monitor to read the temp on their hard drive? I just noticed this option in the new version 5.2.2.0. It says you need a S.M.A.R.T. capable hard drive to use it but it says nothing about needing S.M.A.R.T. enabled or having a motherboard that also needs to support it. I have a Seagate ST380021A which is S.M.A.R.T. capable and I have a Epox 8K3A+ motherboard but I'm not sure if that recognizes S.M.A.R.T. I remember seeing the option to enable it on my Soyo Dragon+ but I haven't seen it on any BIOS revision for the 8K3A+.

2. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

Have you tried it and see? Go ahead, what's the worst that could happen? :D

I myself have not.

3. RustyZip

RustyZip TechSpot Paladin Posts: 418

4. Supra

Supra TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 236

I did try it before making this post yesterday but I didn't have any temp sensors that were showing stable numbers and there is very little info on how to set it up. After rebooting a few times there is now a sensor called ST380021A(0) which is the model number of my hard drive and it is reading around 25C when the case temp is 28C so I guess it must be working

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.