TechSpot

using the "My Backup" folder after system recovery

By wamderlust
Apr 9, 2006
  1. After having to do a recovery with backup recently, I now have the oem version of windows, including the 'My Backup' folder, which was of course created during the recovery. It seems that everything in this folder is what I originaly had in my 'C' drive/partition. Now, the question is, can I replace everything in 'C' with this data, or can I only pick out the data like pictures, music, install files. Or, can I repleace the whole enchilada and have everything back to the way it was before I had to recover?
    Thanks for any help!

2. bizz

bizz TS Rookie Posts: 26

i dont even have that it said it would save my stuff and i cant find it anywhere.. the memory is like it was but i have no stuff

3. wamderlust

wamderlust TS Rookie Topic Starter

search for a folder called "My Backup", or anything "Backup", use Start>Search etc.
    if that does not help, there is a program called Acronis Disk Director, this prog. saved my hide more then once. I believe that prog., or another by Acronis can recover lost data on a harddrive. Search for 'lost data recovery' on the internet, often times when you thought u may have lost everything, such software can actually recover it...look here http://www.acronis.com/
    good luck!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.