Using Windows XP Pro Asian Region License Product Key on English version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABAMOTO

My company is planning moving from W2K to XP Pro. Our mother company in Asia has a lot of unused license product key for XP Pro. Can we use their product keys when two OS have different language?

If we can use it, is there any legal issue with it? I remember reading something about OS license that it can only be installed onto the system which is originally purchased...

thanks =)

A key is a key, and if they are unused sofar, they should be good, regardless of language.
Just try one installation out on a test-PC with English XP Pro and Asian CD-key.
If you can activate, then you are good to go with the rest as well.

The windows XP license grants you the use of 1 OS per computer at any time. If you change computers or motherboards, you must re-register XP and delete the old copy off the old computer.

Win2K and NT grant multi-use licenses. I believe the limit for Win2K is 5 computers.

if you have x p pro corperate you dont have to deal with the annoying aktivation crap.

Intensional misspelling to defucnt intellicrap addss

if you have x p pro corperate you dont have to deal with the annoying aktivation crap.

Corporate editions are not availiable to the general public. They are no different from XP Pro, other than the fact they have a corporate key. Corporate keys are availiable to the general public only through illegal or piracy means.

Intensional misspelling to defucnt intellicrap addss

They're hardly the worst and most annoying thing in the world, but regardless, they are part of the reason this site is able to exist.

No ads = no income.

if hes part of a co.mpany, hes po.ssibly par.t of a corpera.tion, the..refore co.uld get x.p corper.ate, so every time they im.age thier mach.ines they dont have to go trhough ac.tivation crap.

ad.ds = annoy.ance, i would never buy anyt.hing from an ad.d i sa.w on a w.eb.si.te, unless i was go.ogle se.arching the prod.uct i wanted in the fir.st pla.ce..

point one, in giving him the key, the corporation would be breaking the license agreement - no go.

Point two, Even if you don't want to click on an ad, someone else might decide something is worth a look. Apart from anything else, typing the way you are at the moment is terrible, and looks far worse than harmless highlighted text. It's taking twice as long as normal to read anything you type. Please stop it. untidy and hard to read text is far more annoying than any link placed on a word.

if you cant read a word with a period in it any better than you can read a word thats underlaned, you got problams. just ignore the periods, be much harder to read if everything is maspelled. but, if you dont want periods, thats cool, ill stop using them.

and trust me, only morons will look at an ad for something they dont even want. if you want to buy something, g00gle, adds are an an0yance. just like when you are watching a telivasion pr0gram, do you watch the adds or do you get up and do something else for a minute? if you watch the adds you have to much time on your hands, or are to lazy to get off the couch. i prefere to maxzimize my time, and reading adds isnt on my list of things to do. if i want something, ill reesearch it, not take a 90% false advertiesments word for how great their crappy produckt is.

Clearly, if you're not going to read what I say, prefering not to take in comments you can't argue with, and twisting the rest to suit your own ends, there's not much point in trying to say anything.

Being 'clever' in such ways impresses no-one. These ads pay in part for techspots very existance. Again, it's not about whether YOU'D click one - it's whether somebody else would.

Deliberately mis-spelling words or adding periods in the middle of them looks just about as clever as 'leet speak. As I understand it, most people don't find that very clever.

Do what you like. I guess all I have to do is ignore it. Shame really.

/me bangs head against brick wall

<sigh>

SultanGris said:
if you cant read a word with a period in it any better than you can read a word thats underlaned, you got problams. just ignore the periods,
...much easier to ignore the post.

hmm.. thanks for the reply...

Did I misspell anything? How come this is going off topic :grinthumb

hehe...

well, click on all the crappy adds you want, i installed firefox and thier addblocker extention, so now i dont have to see the crap no more, hooray for me!

Im actually surprised i found so many people who actually like to be annoyed by adds, lol, you guys own this site or something? haha.

And Abamoto, sorry for going off topic, but I believe the answer to your question is its that it may not be legal, but it will work. but for a difinitive answer, i would contact microsoft.

Abamoto your spelling is fine. Concensus would have it as OK. As Sultan says Micro$oft has the definitive answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back