TechSpot

Valve confirms plan to let game developers set up and run their own Steam sales

By Jos
Feb 27, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. As if Steam's coordinated sales events weren't doing enough damage already to the wallets of gamers stocking up on great games, Valve is now rolling out an option for developers to start their own limited-time discounts. The new feature arrives...

Read more

2. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TS Evangelist Posts: 1,667   +312

Valve has been tooling around on the bleeding edge for years. Now pushing the envelope one more time...

Ah, Capitalism. Live long and prosper!

3. GhostRyder

GhostRyder This guy again... Posts: 2,191   +590

Thats not a bad idea, that could be really cool because we could see some nice deals for games.

4. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,518   +506

Yes, we could also see some more indie loving around ;)

5. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,212   +174

Man, really? I'm already getting behind on games that I buy on sale and haven't finished. I need a sale on free time!

6. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,260   +223

Go Team Valve! :D

7. BlueDrake

BlueDrake TS Evangelist Posts: 350   +103

We shall soon see a much larger sale selection, which will lead to a larger dent in wallets sooner or later. At least this way smaller teams might be able to push games, that otherwise go unnoticed and get a bit more of a steady income.

2 weeks is a long time in the spotlight, so it might be hit or miss how this will turn out. Also means possibly more things rotating in and out of sales, that you might otherwise not be able to catch outside seasonal sales.