TechSpot

Valve has paid out $57 million to those who make in-game items like maps, hats and weapons

By Shawn Knight
Jan 29, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Since launching Steam Workshop - Valve's community content marketplace - in 2011, over 1,500 creators have taken advantage of the service across 75 countries. More importantly, they've earned more than $57 million from selling in-game items for Team Fortress 2,...

Read more

2. That really is impressive. I wonder how much income Valve has made from this. Oh and you have a little typo "happing."

3. The typo...They does that all the time.....and even after seeing the comment they won't care to change......

4. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 1,663   +774

I'm waiting for the movie version .... oh silly me, You Tube of courser ..... !!

5. Valve takes a 75% cut of every item sold. $57 Million is 25% of their revenue.

6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,485   +2,038

If they paid out 57 bar then they probably made at least a bill on the deal. Folk like these aren't generous because it's in their genes.

7. @
    Guest said:
    Valve takes a 75% cut of every item sold. $57 Million is 25% of their revenue.

No they dont. When stating something like that, give source. Which you don't have.
    Whenever I sold item, Valve takes like 10%.