Valve's Steam Summer Sale is prepared to feast on your wallet

Shawn Knight

Staff member

steam summer sale dayz cry valve steam gaming summer sale games

Grab your wallets, boys and girls, as Steam’s annual Summer Sale has finally arrived. Now through June 30 is your chance to score epic discounts on some of the industry’s hottest games.

Steam regulars will no doubt be familiar with Valve’s sales format which includes daily deals, flash deals and community’s choice. Today’s daily deals are listed below in no particular order:

• Don’t Starve – $3.74 (75 percent off)
  • Divinity: Original Sin – $31.99 (20 percent off)
  • Dead Rising 3 – $37.49 (25 percent off)
  • The Witcher 2 – $3.99 (80 percent off)
  • Day Z – $25.49 (15 percent off)
  • Far Cry 3 – $7.49 (75 percent off)
  • Xcom Enemy Unknown – $7.49 (75 percent off)
  • Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion – $7.99 (80 percent off)
  • Democracy 3 – $8.49 (66 percent off)

As of writing, you can scoop up Dead Island Riptide for $4.99, Devil May Cry for $12.49, Hotline Miami for $1.49 and Mirror’s Edge for $4.99 as part of the current flash sale. The first community’s choice offering will be made available later today so there’s still time to cast your vote.

A new batch of daily deals arrive every day at 10 am PT while flash sales and community’s choice both refresh every eight hours.

What games are you hoping Valve will add to this year’s Steam Summer Sale? Let us know in the comments section below. 

Permalink to story.

Hint: only buy what is on sale. if you buy something that has a small discount but later on it could be on a daily sale or flash sale, you'll be sorry! Save those purchases for the last day.
Also make sure you vote, keep getting cards. surely you'll get duplicates, sell those and spend those pennies on the cards you dont have yet to complete the badge.

Also make sure you vote, keep getting cards. surely you'll get duplicates, sell those and spend those pennies on the cards you dont have yet to complete the badge.
Badges from collecting cards are pointless, when you can purchase cards that were not earned!

If Strike Vector goes on sale again, buy it. It's a cracking FPS dressed up as a space shooter. (And we need more players on the servers...)

Ha, looks like the store crashed. I already bought my games though, so it isn't a big deal. As a rule of thumb, I only buy older games at $5 or less to make sure I don't over spend. My rig isn't quite powerful enough for the newer titles anyways. I find that gaming at a 2+ year delay can save you LOTS of money. My whole damn collection (~60 games) is probably worth like 15 new titles.

I bought 9 games for $42 yesterday. I call that a success! The Bioshock triple pack is so tempting at $10!!!! HOLY MOLY STEAM WHY DO YOU DO THIS. My wallet is suffering greatly.

Back