TechSpot

Valve's Steam Summer Sale is prepared to feast on your wallet

By Shawn Knight
Jun 19, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Grab your wallets, boys and girls, as Steam's annual Summer Sale has finally arrived. Now through June 30 is your chance to score epic discounts on some of the industry's hottest games.

Read more

2. motrin

motrin TS Enthusiast Posts: 159   +12

Hint: only buy what is on sale. if you buy something that has a small discount but later on it could be on a daily sale or flash sale, you'll be sorry! Save those purchases for the last day.
    Also make sure you vote, keep getting cards. surely you'll get duplicates, sell those and spend those pennies on the cards you dont have yet to complete the badge.

misor and Darkshadoe like this.
  3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,559   +2,900

Badges from collecting cards are pointless, when you can purchase cards that were not earned!

4. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TS Guru Posts: 571   +112

Someone strap me down and keep me from my credit card..HURRY!

Arris likes this.
  5. thegroveman

thegroveman TS Rookie

Remember Steam Sale math: if I buy games at 66% off, but only download and play 1/3 of those games, I'm paying full price for the games I actually do play. Don't say I didn't warn you! :)

Jad Chaar, Arris, spectrenad and 2 others like this.
  6. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,210   +424

Yay! Buy one get two free!

7. Qrox

Qrox TS Enthusiast Posts: 45   +9

8. Bubbajim

Bubbajim TS Addict Posts: 143   +59

If Strike Vector goes on sale again, buy it. It's a cracking FPS dressed up as a space shooter. (And we need more players on the servers...)

9. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,514   +2,059

Damn! I was hoping to see 75-80% off upon release of some of the cool games we saw at E3 earlier this year but maybe I was just being a bit too optimistic.

cliffordcooley likes this.
  10. GhostRyder

GhostRyder This guy again... Posts: 2,191   +590

Welp, was nice knowing everyone but looks like the steam sale is going to keep me addicted for the rest of the summer :p

cliffordcooley likes this.
  11. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,559   +2,900

LOL

We will be here Christmas when you get back. :)

12. penn919

penn919 TS Booster Posts: 179   +19

Ha, looks like the store crashed. I already bought my games though, so it isn't a big deal. As a rule of thumb, I only buy older games at $5 or less to make sure I don't over spend. My rig isn't quite powerful enough for the newer titles anyways. I find that gaming at a 2+ year delay can save you LOTS of money. My whole damn collection (~60 games) is probably worth like 15 new titles.

13. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

I bought 9 games for $42 yesterday. I call that a success! The Bioshock triple pack is so tempting at $10!!!! HOLY MOLY STEAM WHY DO YOU DO THIS. My wallet is suffering greatly.