Variable speed fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

negroplasty

I have 4 variable speed fans in my case; when I run 3D applications or run any other demanding programs, naturally, my computer will heat up. Therefore causing the fans to go ape-sh*t, constantly changing speeds. I phoned my system manufacturer and they said my motherboard was controlling the speed of the fans; I checked in my bios and couldn't find any options to do with then fan's RPMs. Then I updated my bios with a "bootable BIOS Flash diskette" that I downloaded from my system manufacturer. But there are still no options to do with my fans. After all of this I started looking for software to control my fans and so far have been unsuccessful. Does anyone know of anything that I could do, or any software that I could buy/download to solve this problem? It's really driving me crazy!

Are your fans plugged directly into your PSU or into your system board?

You're probably just not finding the settings. Look through your documentation...you're bound to find it somewhere.

After that...just call Micron PC and ask them.

Yes, my fans are plugged directly into my PSU, and just a friendly question, how did you know that my computer is a Micron PC?

I'm psychic. [size=1]nah it's in your profile dude[/size]

Is there a device in your computer that regulates the fan speed? There must be one, the PSU can't regulate fan temp. If you want to bypass it get a baybus and plug your fans into there. I would reccomend a Vantec Nexus.

Ahh yes, I forgot it was there!! Anyway, back to the topic, I am not sure if there is a fan regulating device in my computer; why do you ask? I must know what one is first! Don't worry, I catch on pretty quick. I am looking into getting a baybus though. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back