VArious BSOD problems

By thenowhereman
Nov 22, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Over the past couple of months I have had 5 or 6 BSOD’s with various stop messages. This usually occurs during the night. (This computer is in my recording studio and usually stays on all night). I have had it happen only once when computer was in use, and never on start-up. When I turn my monitors on in the morning these will be on the screenThe computer in question is a system I built about a year and a half ago. Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, with P4 3.0e 800 fsb, 2 gig Corsair XMS Extreme memory, Matrox dual; head video card, WD & Seagate SATA drives, Maxtor ATA drive, Sony DVD-RW, HD dock for removable drives, in an Antec Sonata case. All the Stop messages seem to point to newly installed hardware, which has not happened in nearly a year. This computer does very little surfing, just music forums, our online music sites and email. I use Grisoft AVG antivirus and frequently scan with Spybot and Adaware software, and defrag hard drives on a weekly basis.

The messages are as follows:

1. PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    Stop 0X00000007
    This occurred while scrolling with the mouse wheel

2. A Thread tried to release A Resource It Did Not Own
    Stop 0X000000E3

3. IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    Stop 0X0000000A

4. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    Stop 0X00000050
    Problem caused by file NTFS.SYS
    NTFS.SYS address F7B52789

Since there are so many different messages, I am at a loss as to what diagnostic approach to pursue. Any help would be greatly appreciated to this newby on the forum.

Thanks

Michael Hickman
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +17

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 minidumps together, and attach them here.

Regards Howard :) :)
  3. thenowhereman

thenowhereman Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks Howard I will check out the things you mentioned
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.