Various BSOD's - mainly on boot....

Hi,

Would appreciate some help - ive suddenly started getting lots of Blue screens - mainly when I boot the Laptop - either into Safe mode or normal, sometimes I get in ok, but mainly 1 in 5 attempts, ive attached some recent dump files, hopefully someone can have a look and give me some help.

Dell Studio 1747 laptop
Windows 7 64Bit
Intel Core i7
4GB Ram

Any more info - please ask!

Thanks v much

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    194 KB · Views: 2
Five of your minidumps were read and two error codes were the same while the other three were different; 5 dumps = 4 different error codes. Though nothing definitively was given as the cause when we see these many different error codes experience has shown that corrupted memory can be the issue.

Therefore for diagnostic purposes you’ll need to run memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I forgot to mention that I have run memtest on the machine for 9 passes and there were no errors, I am going to try and see if I can get hold of some compatible memory and see if I get any different results as I presume memory tests are not always 100% accurate.

I have also tried a clean boot of windows - only microsoft services starting and still Blue screened, safe mode also sometime s Blue screens, though not as often and all drivers are upto date as well, so far as I can see!

Any other thoughts would be appreciated though!

Back