Various programs not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I really need help with this,

I have at least 3 programs that aren't working properly, I don't know if it is a software or
hardware problem, two of the programs are 3d apps ( poser and carrara ) and the other
is macromedia fireworks, this problem happens when opening a file I previously saved.

In Poser I'll get a few vertices shooting out from the geometry, In carrera I get a generic
I/O error and the file doesn't load, In fireworks I get an " unsupported format " error loading a native .PNG file,

as for hardware I recently upgraded my computer about two weeks before this
started happening I'll list those changes shortly, as for software, at first I thought virus,
but I've run 3 different virus programs ( AVG, Norton, Panda ) and my system is clean,
I haven't made any big software changes lately, so I'm leaning towards hardware
being the culprit though I'm really not sure,

For software I have windows XP MCE all current updates, All my drivers are updated

on the hardware end I upgraded from a ECS L7VM3 motherboard with a athlonXP
1800+ processor 1.5 Gig DDR kingston ram and a 350w PSU to a ASUS P5VDC-MX with a pentium D 805 processor 2 gig DDR2 kingston ram and a 460w PSU.

I also have a AGP Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 GPU, a soundblaster audigy 2 Soundcard, and a
tv tunner card, installed

I have a few things I've been told it might be, but researching them just confused me more

I.e. "Running a x32 bit OS on a x64 bit system", though my research thus far has led me to believe that 32 bit programs should run fine on a 64 bit system.

"A conflict between the motherboard and my graphics card", This doesn't make sense to me my board supports my graphics card, and I watch my tv on my computer and haven't had any problems there. I've also encoded a few videos and again no problem,

"faulty ram" I'm going to check the ram tonight, I don't know enough about ram to Know
wether or not it could cause this type of error. though I have resently up'd the default
windows ram limit from 1.5 gig to 3 in the boot .ini

"Buggy hard drive" again I have no Idea how to check this one.

So there we go, I really need to get this fixed asap as my computer is my main source of
income, Any help would be immensely appreciated,

Thanx, Stan.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the programs? Do that first before checking all the hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back