vb.asd , svchost32.exe and worm2007.exe problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howard,

Here's the scenario which explains what exactly went wrong:

I have AVG anti-virus free edition installed on my comp.
> 8 A.M a regular scan process is scheduled. The test is completed with no threats or errors found.
> I was chatting with a friend of mine and I get an unusual msg from him which had a hyper link. I followed the link only to end up in a blank page. When I asked her what the link was, she was surprised as she hadn't sent any link and she too had been getting such msgs from her other friends.
I guess this is when the virus/spyware came onto my system

Immediately, I ran AVG anti virus (this was around 11:30 AM the same day)and found 3 threats,

vb.asd , svchost.ext and worm2007.exe

Now avg anti virus says he's deleted these viruses.

But, when I try to get my task manager up, I get a strange message saying my "task manager has been disabled by the administrator". Now, I know this is the prob caused by the spywares/viruses on.

Howard, can you help me get rid of it and get my comp to the normal state.

Regards,

oh btw howard,

this is similar thread to the one posted earlier

Hi there and welcome to techspot.

Allow me to assist you for now. =)

Important: Please read this thread HERE before you decide whether to clean or reformat your system.

Should you decide to clean your computer, please go ahead to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps to cleaning your computer.
Do follow all the instructions exactly.

Thereafter, please post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste if not it will be ignored and/or removed by the moderators.
The logs will enable us to understand that much more about the problems on your system.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of gautam31 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I`ll leave you in the capable hands of momok. Be sure to follow any instructions he gives you and post the requested logfiles.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of gautam31 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back