Vcore problem? please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

LenaMarieD

I think i figured out the cause of my blue screen problems finally. Memory seems to check out but, i got SySoft Sandra and it says the Vcore is set too high, i imagine that can cause blue screen problems and every time i enable an alarm in the bios and on the EasyTune application that came with my motherboard they all just start going off. How can i fix this? I dont know the builders overclocked or not but i dont care about overclocking, i just want a stable system, i'll buy a new CPU if i think its too slow.

specs:
Athlon 64 XP 3200+
Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9 Mobo
Geforce 7800 GT
Soundblaster Audigy Sound card
1 gig dual channel memory

VCore info:
Core Voltage rating: 1.400V
Min/Max Core Voltage:1.100V / 1.450V
CPU Fan Speed 2009 RPM

Easy Tune 5 info:
Current 2009.25 Mhz
Original 2009.00 Mhz
FSB 200.00
Mem Freq - 400.00
AGP/PCI-E Freq - 100.00
PCI Freq - 33.00
CPU Fan Setting is all 60%

Hardware Monitor says

VCoreA 1.450 (Flucutations between that and 1.470)
+3.3V 3.230
+12V 12.090

Fans says

CPU 2033 RPM
System - with a flashing warning sign

Tempreture
System 31/87
CPU 37/98

Thank you in advance, it seems like something is really wrong with this, every moment im on my PC im worried about it blowing up on me, please help.

Get the BIOS manual out, go into your BIOS, and adjust VCore to e.g. 1.385/1.390.
That should do the trick.
The rest looks respectable enough.

thanks for the response, i got the bios book out and went into it but i dont seem to have an option to change the vcore. under the frequency/Voltage option all i see is

CPU Freq. and it goes from 200 mhz to 300 mhz
PCIE Clock at 100-145 mhz
K8 CPU clock ratio
Robust graphics booster

any ideas on how i can get at the vcore settings? thanks in advance

On some gigabyte motherboards, you have to press ctrl+f1 at the main bios screen to enable "advanced" bios settings adjustment.

I doubt the vcore is your issue though. The board you have is one that is frequently found to be defective, as evidenced here.
Dear Customer, We regret to hear GIGABYTE product is not functioning right with you at this moment. Due to some factory errors, there are some products of the model number you currently own defective in the market. Although they account for a small portion, we at GIGABYTE wish our customers to have a better experience with us. An exceptional advanced replacement will be granted. You may send the defective item back to us after you receive the replacement and get your system back on running. You have 30 days to return it after you receive it. The attached form is to secure the transaction due to there was no such between you and GIGABYTE before. Please kindly fill it out and either email us back or FAX it back at 626-854-9326 and we will arrange the shipment for you.

So my guess, is you got one of the defective motherboards. Syptoms of the defective ones are frequent blue screens, according to the reviews on newegg.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustRatingReview.asp?Item=N82E16813128315

thank you for the reply! I will contact gigabyte, though i am frustrated the store that built my computer used such a crappy mobo. Its good to know though finally whats wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back