Vcr 2 pc cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
whant 2 record vcr 2 pc. is there a cable out there that has rca av jacks on 1 end + IEEE on the other?? appreciate any info Bg Anch. Ak.

I would recommend using one of those VCR(VHS) to DVD Recorder dubbing all in one combo units. They do a better job that using a PC to record off a VCR. It just doesn't come out right.

Using those combo units you can get a better image and it gets recorded onto a DVD+-R or DVDRW. Then you could take that DVDRW and take off the video using your PC and some neat freeware tools.

bob g said:
whant 2 record vcr 2 pc. is there a cable out there that has rca av jacks on 1 end + IEEE on the other?? appreciate any info Bg Anch. Ak.
No a cord like that doesn't exist. It would have to go through a complete conversion. (I'm assuming you mean IEEE 1394).

I'd suggest just purchasing a VHS/DVD Recorder combo unit like tipstir said. Its much simplier, and its slight cost above a PVR card is entirely justified when you think about the time you and your computer are going to have to spend with making it work right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back