Ventrilo server problem

By Sorrow
Dec 27, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. So lately I've been trying to set up a vent server for my friends and all, but I've seen to come into complications. I've port forwarded the ports on my router and firewall (or at least I think I did...) And no one can still connect, I can connect through my internal IP, but I can't connect through my external IP to test it. The message would just be Contacting server. Can anyone help me here? It's really getting to me
  2. jdillman1502

jdillman1502 TS Enthusiast Posts: 120

I would start by going to and making sure the ports are actually open and responding.
  3. Sorrow

Sorrow TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 106

Okay, so apparently even after I forwarded the port, it saids the connection timed out
  4. Mamut0o1

Mamut0o1 TS Rookie Posts: 45

upgrade firmware on router or replace it.
  5. jdillman1502

jdillman1502 TS Enthusiast Posts: 120

What type of router do you have? Also, depending on who your ISP is, their device may be a router as well. I've had the same problem with some routers, looks like the port should be open but it doesn't work. I ended up replacing the router. You could try and setup your vent server to use a different port and see why happens.