TechSpot

Ventrilo: Unable to activate DirectSound for selected device. DirectSoundCaptureCreate failed.

1. Whenever I start up vent I'm getting a error:

Unable to activate DirectSound for selected device.
    DirectSoundCaptureCreate failed. HR=DSERR_NODRIVER. No sound driver is available for use

Operating on Windows 7.

I recently just switched out my mobo for another one, MSI Z77 MPower Big Bang Motherboard, and my GPU for a EVGA GTX 760.

Whenever I installed all the new things and went in and ran the drivers for the new mobo/GPU everything worked fine and didn't really have any issues. I then started up vent for raid and got that error. I went in and uninstalled and reinstalled all my sounds, mobo, and GPU drivers. I then went and tried to reinstall directX with the runtime installer and it kept crashing due to some weird error.

I'm currently using Razer Tiamats as my sound. I originally had a sound card instead pre-new mobo, but I took it out since I was unsure if it was causing the problem, also uninstalled all the drivers for it, and the problem stayed.

Here's my dxdiag: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Also whenever I try to go into the setup of ventrilo, ventrilo freezes and I can't do anything with it. On a side note I'm also having an issue with mumble freezing/crashing whenever execute the program.

If anyone has any idea of a way to fix this please let me know!!! Also if you need more information let me know. Thanks all!!!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.