verbatim 52x24x52x

Status
Not open for further replies.

puck_andy

My computer doesn't recognize the new burner I got as a burner, just as a cd-rom drive. Any software tips?

950mhz 256ram (don't laugh):confused:

Thanks in advance

You mean Windows doesn't recognize it as such or is it your burning software? If it's the later a software updated could help, the same happened to me when I got my (now old) 12x CD-RW.

You could also check Verbatim's drive FAQ on its website, perhaps a known issue in...... what OS are you using?

Yes, download any Nero or Roxio updates, and your drive should be recognised as a writer.

Don't have Nero or Roxio on at the same time - its easier one or the other.

Also, possibly that CDR may need drivers installed, so check the CD's and documentation that came with it. I haven't seen a CD-ROM or CDR that didnt basically detect automatically but I'm sure it is possible.

Actually, the new burners I have seen, don't even come with drivers, and when you go to their website - they just simply say that no drivers are needed. I guess assuming that Windows already has ones that work fine.

You could also check the manufacturer's website for updated firmware for your drive.

yeah, the website doesn't even have much on the product except some crap pdf file. the updates don't do much either.

According to this page your drive is an OEM Liteon LTR-52246S ...

Verbatim 522452AL

Firmware for the Liteon can be found over here ...

Liteon LTR-52246S

I suggest using MtkWinFlash to update your firmware, which can be done under Windows, so no need for a boot disk. This program will even recover your drive if the flashing fails, and your drive is dead. It really works, as I used it myself to recover a dead Samsung SM-352B Combo drive after the firmware update failed.

You can find MtkWinFlash over here ...

MtkWinFlash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back