Verifying DMI Pool Data... Bios Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

csalcido

Hey guys, I don't really know how to explain this but I'll try to as best as I can.

I just built my computer about a week ago but I have one problem. The computer just keeps restarting its self and it wont load XP. I formated the Drive and it coppied all the windows XP files but when it prompted me to restart, it wouldnt go any further. It just keeps restarting over and over.I'm thinking it has something to do with the BIOS but I don't have any experience with it so I was hoping u guys would help me. Do you guys think its the settings in the bios or something else?

Is everything correct in the BIOS? What do I need to change?

Comp Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz
GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI-S4 AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI
2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
Evga 7600 GT
WD SE16 WD2500KS 250GB SATA
420W Power Supply
2 DVD Drives

If you need any more info plz tell me and I'll provide it for you.

Thanks a lot

The key item to remember is after it copies all of the Windows XP files and prompts you to reboot, DON'T. It says press any key but don't press any key. Do nothing except wait a few seconds and setup will continue by itself.

Then you could try removing the Windows CD and rebooting to see if setup will continue. It should prompt you later when the CD is needed again.

Edit: I notice you didn't set a floppy drive as a boot device. Just checking but did you install the SATA/RAID drivers for your SATA hard drive at the beginning of the install process by pressing F6 and using a floppy drive to install those drivers? Do you have a floppy drive?

No i didnt, I don't have a floppy drive and the SATA HD off newegg came by itself. No instructions/software

Drivers for the SATA/RAID controllers come with the motherboard. The motherboard manual has instructions on how to take the files from the motherboard CD to make a SATA/RAID driver floppy.

Anyway, Windows XP SP2 has some SATA drivers but not a lot of them and likely not yours. The following information comes from page 76 of your motherboard manual:

"To install operating system onto a serial ATA hard disk successfully, you need to install the SATA controller driver during OS installation. Without the driver, the hard disk may not be recognized during the Windows setup process. First of all, copy the driver for the SATA controller from the motherboard driver CD-ROM to a floppy disk."

I recommend you borrow or buy a floppy drive for this operation. They are very inexpensive. As an alternative you might be able to slipsteam Windows and the drivers together on a CD. I've never used the slipstream method but you can find instructions by googling for them.

I bought the floppy drive yesterday and tried for hours to get it working. I'm so frustrated with this computer. I feel like throwing it in the trash....

I installed the drivers for the SATA HD (f6) during the windows installation but it still wont go passed "Verifiying DMI Pool Data". Im kinda mad that i might have to go somewhere to get it fixed cause I wanted to fix it myself...

Any other advise/suggestions?

I'm not sure if this is it but while installing Windows, the CD drive should be first in the boot order. After Windows is installed you can change it.

well that wasnt it and I tried to install my IDE HD with windows already installed on it and the BIOS didnt recognize anything. (CD,HD, or Floppy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back