Veritas Uninstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

SenateKT

I am attempting to uninstall Veritas from my windows 2003 file server When I go to add/remove programs and remove it I get the following errors.......

"Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform path is valid"

I click OK and it says

Error :
Please provide original BEWS install media to re-apply transforms.

Im not sure what this means, I have tried reinstalling Veritas over top of old install then removing still same error.

BEWS stands for BackupExec for Windows Servers, and has been owned by Symantec for several years. They never developed it, but do minimal amounts of support that you can find on the Symantec site. It was never a great package in the first place, but nor is there much better. Have you tried uninstalling with the installation media present? Have you stopped the application completely before trying to unistall it, as it has several running 'bits' to it. Check through the registry for 'BkupExec' and make sure the install from path is still current, I.E. did the install use a mapped path that is no longer current?

Sorry I know about BkupExec for Novell servers, but the Windows version will have next to nothing in common with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back