verizon dsl installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there, first time that I have posted on this site and I was hoping that someone out there could help me. For 2 weeks, I have been trying to install my new verizon dsl, using a westell 6100 modem. When I get to the last set up page (account set up) it is blank.. Also, when I try to manually install the IE page only has verizon in the upper left hand corner and a bar that reads 0%. I have contacted verizons tech support numerous times and all they keep telling me is that it is my modem...I'm on my third, with a fourth one comming. This doesn't seem feasable to me. In the device manager, the network connection is working fine but the PCI MODEM has a question mark beside it and reads that the driver is not found (error 28) How do I fix this?

Replace the modem with a quality product. Is Verizon requiring you to use Westell?
Other than that, you must be having driver errors. When you go to the System location in the Control Panel, then to Hardware -> Device Manager, what does the Device Manager give you... Does it look ok, or are there yellow or red flags?

It is likely you need to download a new driver from the manufacturers webs site to another computer, then remove the existing drivers on the problem computer, and install new drivers.

Verizon tech support is usually very good, and they can "see" into your computer or modem to detect the connections.

Either you have bad cables, bad modem, or bad drivers... my guess.

According to verizon, it's the modem that is bad...but like i said, i'm on my 3rd one. the pci modem is saying that there are no drivers installed which is causing the modem to malfunction. the ping command is saying that it is transmitting and receiving properly, I have a brand new ethernet cable so I really don't know what to do nest.

Also, so far, verizon is requiring me to use the westell 6100 modem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back