Very Annoying SATA problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcatmk2123

Hi, I posted about this problem before, but now I am forced to reinstall becasue of it and figured I'd ask one my time before I start hotglueing as a last resort.

For some reason my SATA HD Cable keeps "coming loose" and is constantly disconnecting the drive when using or causing boot failure because the drive is disconnected. I have never heard of this happening before, and I have a external SATA drive that never seems to have this problem despite having more connection points along the way.

I have swapped multiple SATA cables out and they all seem to do the same thing. I think the problem is the MB and the HD, but I am not sure as sometimes moving one a bit fixes it, and others moving both fixes it for the moment. Any one have a solution to this before I hot glue the cable connectors down, or at least had this problem as well? By the way, the SATA connection is the L type if that helps. Thanks.

actually hot glue will work, not that I am suggesting it but I have seen it done on SATA hard drives and on the connector on the MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back