Very bad Lag Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420 vid card, but whne i seem to play games it lags a crapload.....this really hasnt ever happened b4 ive had this vid card for like 7 months now and its never bothered me......

Ive tried anti aliasing, turning down res and graphics, seeing if it was my internet, and i dont think i have a built in integrated vid card.....

I hate this lag its very choppy for like 30 sec but then it goes back to normal it lags like every min or so..... Can someone plz help me!!!

Games i lag on: Wolfenstein ET, Jedi Academy, Call Of Duty, and some others....

well all three of the games are based on quake III engine and should run fine on a 800x600 resoultion.first of all you might want to check windows task manger and see for anything eating up your resources.two have you done anything to offset this like installed any new driver or something.is windows auto update running in the background by any chance?

Ok ummm i did download the drivers from nvidia.com and ive checke3d task manager b4 and it seems like everything is supposed to be tehre. I even googled half the stuff to make sure....and yes it is NOW b4 it wasnt and i still had the lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back