Very confused with *new* video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just recently purchased a Visiontek ATI Radeon X1300 card for my computer, which is pretty much just a base model Dell Dimension 4550 from 2002 (except with 512mb more of RAM). My computer meets pretty much all of the basic minimum requirements for the card, but after I put it in the computer and try to start it up, it makes a constant beeping sound and I get no picture... I have no real idea of what to do.

blinking said:
I have just recently purchased a Visiontek ATI Radeon X1300 card for my computer, which is pretty much just a base model Dell Dimension 4550 from 2002 (except with 512mb more of RAM). My computer meets pretty much all of the basic minimum requirements for the card, but after I put it in the computer and try to start it up, it makes a constant beeping sound and I get no picture... I have no real idea of what to do.

Is the card seated properly? Here, check out this guide and follow step 3, https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic66390.html BTW, Welcome to Techspot :wave: ! Also, how long have you had the ram?

I think it is, the fan spins, but it uses extra power so I thought it might be my power supply, but it seems to meet the minimum requirement. And thanks.

blinking said:
I think it is, the fan spins, but it uses extra power so I thought it might be my power supply, but it seems to meet the minimum requirement. And thanks.

As I said look at step 3 of my guide and tell me the specs of your power supply. Dell doesn't manufacture their computers (lower models) with the greates power supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back