Very low fps in every game , can barely run

Status
Not open for further replies.

kollio

Well ive just bought a new pc as i was sick and tired of not being able to play games on their highest or near high settings. Every one of my games like splintercell/2 , Farcry , doom3 wont run at all on this new pc , i cant get higher than 32 fps even with everything set to the lowest settings !!

I updated my video card drivers to the latest , tryed previous versions , i have the lastest bios & direct x 9.0c , i just cant understand why after spending a great deal of money on a pc that i cant even run games that i have more than enough specs wise .. i cant even run splintercell on its lowest settings and with everything outside the game set to its lowest... i was getting 25 fps max in splintercell 2 .. ?! . I tryed disabling v_sync , uninstalling my video drivers and reinstalling them ,

i scored "4745" with 3dmark05 pro , is that about right ?

heres my pc specs :

-GIGABYTE GA-K8N PRO-SLI Socket 939 Motherboard
-AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4400+ 2.2GHz Socket 939
-Corsair TWINX2048-3200PRO 2x1024Mb DDR400 ProSeries
-MSI NX6800Ultra-T2D256E PCI Express - 256MB
-Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
-Task TK-952TX-JB 520W ATX 2.0 with single 120mm Blue LED fan (psu)
-Philips 22" 202P40 Real Flat CRT Monitor
-LG Electronics DVD-ROM Drive 16x
-Thermaltake Tsunami with window -black (case only)
-Windows xp pro sp2
-Seagate 120gig sata 7200rpm , 8mb cache
-Creative Gigaworks S750 THX 7.1 speakers

The sole reason i bought this pc was because i couldnt run games very well on my old pc , which actually runs games faster than this one !

please help :(

its definately not an issue with the hardware you listed, everything is top notch and should do very well with those games. you left out the PSU though, that could be what's holding the video card back. I had a 9800pro once with a 240W PSU and it barely got above 40fps on hl2.

Its in the list above :) ,

Task TK-952TX-JB 520W ATX 2.0 with single 120mm Blue LED fan (psu)

Some people did warn me here that getting a "no brand" psu could be a problem , i dont think theres anything wrong with the cpu or ram , everything loads very fast , but when it comes to games or any 3d apps it laggs far behind in everything compared to anyone with the same specs , i certainly dont think its a driver problem.

Does anyone have any programs that show some sort of power reading , etc what everything is using power wise , maybe that would help solve my mess atm.

Your 3dmark05 score looks about right.. could be higher, but I wouldn't say it's a massive indicator of anything wrong.

I'd say pick up two other SYSTEM benchmarks- PcMark05 (you can also get at futuremark.com; same makers as 3dmark05), and SiSoft Sandra. You can find both mirrored at www.guru3d.com in their files/download section.

I'd be particularly interested in Sisoft Sandra Memory Bandwidth tests. The most common cause for extremely low system performance is something up with hardware configuration. 3dmark05 tests near specifically the videocard with little system/cpu/memory emphasis (it's like 80/20 percent video to system). Your 3dmark05 score would suggest hardware/direct3d video performance is up to snuff. Videogames are more symptomatic of your overall system, so we'll need to see what's up with this part of your system. Sandra can help identify what's up there. PCMark05, albeit brand new, can also lend insight here also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back