TechSpot

very low speaker sound, HELP PLZ!!!

By bubz786
Sep 22, 2007
  1. i have jus bought a new pc intel core 2 duo, and connected my old speakers on it you know the ones without a power cable. but i'm having difficulty hearing as the volume coming out of them is vey LOW. i have turned up all the setting on the conrtal panel, device manager and without any luck. The sound card i am using is realtek 8111b on window vista. Can please someone help me!!!!

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

You are going to need powered speakers for that unit... The unpowered speakers only work on certain motherboards.

3. nismo91

nismo91 TS Guru Posts: 1,004   +11

agree with raybay...
    currently newer mobo will support only "active" multimedia speaker.... (powered).

guess you need to buy a new one huh?? :)

4. bubz786

bubz786 TS Rookie Topic Starter

any suggestions

any powered speakers you recommend for this motherboard ???

5. zipperman

zipperman TS Rookie Posts: 1,423   +7

6. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Used powered speakers work fine, and are often available for $5.00 to $10 at a place that sells refurbished stuff such as a White Elephant. New powered speakers start at $24 a pair at Wal-Mart and Best Buy... on up to superb ones for $75 to $200

7. nismo91

nismo91 TS Guru Posts: 1,004   +11

@bubz...

:D in this case,
    there's alots of powered multimedia in the market...
    only $$$ is the main issue for most of the case.... ;)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.