very quick laptop question, Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

SturmteK

hello friends.
I am purchasing a laptop and would like to know what is the difference between "14.1XGA" and "14.1SXGA+" display.
Thanks

laptop

The difference is the screen resolution, the number of dots the screen uses to make up the display. Sxga+ is higher. The higher the resolution, the more stuff you can fit on your screen.

I kinda figured that 14.1SXGA+ is higher.
But what exacly is the difference, whats the higher resolution that 14.1XGA vs 14.1SXGA+ will go?
1024x768 32-bit is what I am looking for.
Thanks for your reply.

hey lcd screen work a little different than your crt monitors.first of all a crt doesnt gave anative resolution or frqencey(refresh rate)it can be set to pretty much anything,only the maximum settings are advertised.while lcd's are made up of small rbg(red blue green)dots that make up a pixel.an lcd screen sticks to its native resoluiton and any attempts to run anything in higher or lower resoluiton shows signs of pixelation(its like when you view an image bigger than your screen resolution and explorer automatically reduces its size to fit on the screen)this happens with movies and games.sxga means a resolution of 1280x1024 while xga means a resolution of 1024 x768(also refers to 640x480 but generally means 1024x768 now adays for lcd's)while having a higher resolution would give you a lot of screen real estate,make sure it doesnt get to hard to read or see words and other thing on the screen at such a high resolution,you can probably increase windows standard font size to help you with that,but also look at the cost difference if the cost between the 2 is very high,you might want to consider the good old xga since your screen size is 14.1".

hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back