Very Strange Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islesfan079

I have a problem with several programs on my computer. First experienced this with Google Earth, now also noticed that it's affecting Absolute Poker, don't know about any others.

Anyway, the problem is that I can open the program and use it fine, until I try to type something in one of the fields. In GE, I can't type into the fields to put in addresses and such. In AP, I can't type in the chat fields. As soon as I start typing, the program closes instantly.

Any idea what could be causing this?

I have a 4 year old Dell Dimension 4600 with Windows XP SP1. Never upped to SP2, but this is a very recent problem, only started happening a few weeks ago. I had a serious Network Interface Card issue I posted about here a while ago, but that's been fixed by removing the program interfering with the NIC, as well as putting in a new Ethernet card, and disabling the integrated one. Since I fixed that, I've had this problem.

Browsers work fine.

Any thoughts?

-- George.

nickc said:
upgrade to SP2.

Upgraded, no luck. Microsoft Word also closes immediately as I open it, as does Internet Explorer. This is totally mindboggling. For those two, I don't even have to type anything, it just closes.

-- George.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back